A recent study found that following a Mediterranean diet, rich in fruits, vegetables, fish, whole grains and olive oil may help with fertility. You can find the details of the study here.
The study suggests that the diet indirectly influences ovulation. Need to know more about ovulation; read our past blog post regarding your body and ovulation here.
Not sure what the Mediterranean Diet consists of?
Portion control, fresh healthy fruits and vegetables, healthy fats and olive oil are all components of the diet, which came onto the scene in 2006.
- Fresh, healthy fruit and vegetables
- Eat plenty of nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, natural peanut butter)
- Eat whole grains, rather than white, processed foods
- Use plenty of olive oil
- Use spices to flavor your food rather than salt
- Eat fish 1-2 times a week
- Limit red meat intake
- Change dairy intake to low-fat options
We wish you the best of luck on your path of conception.